sstone's blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

affirmations

Hey! You know, my back may just be getting well after all. Praise God!

I've gotta tell you about the speech I gave.
I had e-mailed Greg Taylor at Wineskins magazine, saying that this speech could easily be made into an article. He was instantly on that and said, that if I could meet an Aug. 15th deadline it would fit into the next issue. The theme is how we take our Christianity into the work place. Said for me to send in a few paragraphs so he could see where it's going. It's nice to already have someone have faith in my ability since I had an article published there in March 2002.

Then I gave the speech and everyone was very receptive and appreciative. Afterwards the hospital president said he loved it, and I told him about trying to put it in Wineskins. Well, those Baptists can't let us get ahead :) So the chaplain e-mailed me and then came over to my workplace and told me they want the manuscript to submit to the Baptist Standard!! THEN my boss called an hour or so later and told me I'm to give the same speech at the Nursing counsel (all the nurse managers) on Thursday at 2:00. I teased her and said only if they would feed me like I ate today.
What a joy to be affirmed.

I could easily get too big for my britches.

Especially if I keep going to fancy luncheons and celebratory dinners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home