sstone's blog

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Blessings

Words cannot express how AWESOME worship was this morning. So MANY blessings! So many people who love me and are loved by me. God is Good! All the time!!!
We had a sermon that moved me more than I can tell, regarding Jesus inviting us to his table. Then communion at the front. Then a good friend gave her testimony in class and 2 friends were back in town--one after a long stay at the cancer hospital, one who just finished a series of "3 weddings and a funeral". Literally. This spring 3 of his children got married and his wife died. Not in that order, but emotions far deeper and higher than I can imagine

-----------------------------------------
Well, I broke down and got some of those weird coil athletic shoes yesterday. I'll wear them for a few days to see if they help. They're supposed to really be good for people like me who work on hard surfaces all day, lots of standing and walking, and who have bad joints. If they're not perfect I can have them adjusted. For the BIG $$$, they BETTER give good service, and the shoes BETTER help!

Went dancing last night, and after several tries I think we got the Cha-Cha down. But both of us are so not used to just going to the flow of the music. But I was so encouraged that I had no additional back pain and no knee pain.

------------------------------------------
Final editing of the Board of Trustees Committee speech is to be done today. I have to have it in the final form early enough to semi-memorize it by Monday night. I'll work in a statement at the last mentioning the Hospital Mission Statement. I'm trying to say what they want to hear as well as what's on my mind.


-------------------------------------------
Met someone at church this morning who mentioned he used to lead singing at Highland years ago. I am always on the lookout for new singers for the Classical Chorus, so now I have another prospect. He's interested. Time will tell... Auditions are in August. Glad I don't have to be the one to choose members. I just try to get them to the auditions and let it go from there.
I am really ready to start singing again. I'll have my first voice lesson of the summer on Wednesday, and get back in shape. I have to audition briefly for the new director, too.

nap time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home