sstone's blog

Sunday, April 24, 2005

tilting teeter totter

OK, I'm back up again from my self inflicted lashing with a wet noodle. I got a call on Tuesday from the activities director at a retirement home (looks more like a resort I'd like to live in). They are having a variety show Thurs. nite and I'm invited. Don't know yet if I'll sing a medley of old torch songs or an aria. Still to choose. No money yet, just exposure.
Yesterday a friend called to ask me to sing in her wedding in May. Several songs. Our quartet will be the only music for the wedding. One guy's a professional singer in NYC. He'll do a solo.
Then today I got a nice response from one of the wedding planners I had contacted regarding my singing in weddings they are planning. Nothing specific right now, just that I'll be in her file.

Life is worth living again. Doesn't take much to tilt me one way or the other.

This evening I'm going to a recital by one of my young college friends and singing partners. That's where I wish I could have been 35 years ago, but I would not be having these wonderful learning and stretching experiences in this part of my life if that had happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home