sstone's blog

Friday, April 01, 2005

Advertising

I got inspired and drafted a letter today to mail out to places that might hire singers. I need "payin' gigs" to support my habit. Drug addicts usually have to resort to a life of crime to support their habit. My drug of choice is music, and performing literally gives me endorphins. A natural high. So I need an extra income to pay for music books and lessons and my accompanist. Not that I really need the money. I'll keep my day job. But being hired is also affirming to the hiree, and I do need the affirmation. Always have, always will. Just the way I'm wired.
So here's part of the letter:
I list the organizations I have sung with, then a glimpse into my repertoir:
--arias from classical music such as "Caro Mio Ben"
--sacred music such as "The Lord's Prayer"
--old classic love songs such as "Moonglow"
--wedding favorites such as "How Beautiful"
--many other popular songs such as "Memory"
--patriotic favorites such as "The National Anthem"

hope I get some business....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home