sstone's blog

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter

Praise God for Easter and all it means to Christians around the world. This morning during the 5 hours I was at the church building, soaking in all the blessings, the one thing that emblazoned itself on my heart was not exactly what most people think of on Easter Sunday. I guess the usual emphasis is on the empty tomb, and GLORY TO GOD for such a beautiful event. But a few days later Jesus was sitting on the edge of the lake where Peter and the other disciples were fishing. They all hurried to his side when they recognized him-Peter even swam to shore. He cooked them breakfast! He then asked Peter 3 times if he loved him, then gave Peter the mission to feed his sheep, and implied that he was forgiven and loved. Three times for the three that Peter had denied him. It suddenly dawned on me that this is what Jesus does for me every day. I have denied Him countless times, either in deed or thought, and He forgives me every time. Only a risen Lord can be so intimately involved with his followers. HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!

An acquaintance of mine is of the B'Hai "faith" (ok, how do you spell that?) She cannot see why I accept Jesus as the only way to salvation, to God. This is why. I have a living Lord, one who is actively involved in my life on a daily basis. I may not be able to see how his hand is leading me, but looking back I can see those footprints in the sand, and know he is carrying me.
The tomb is empty. There is no statue or monument there. Nothing to see there. I don't have to worry that I am getting all the rules right, to finally be good enough to get to Nirvana. I just live in Him. He lives in me. Praise God!

I have a great fear that just because I have landed in a small leadership role in a few different places that people will get the impression that I have it all together, that I have arrived at some level of goodness. Wrong!! I have only learned to accept myself and let Jesus make up the difference.

enough for today. ss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home