sstone's blog

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Grief

I got through Maryanne's funeral pretty well. Great sadness and great joy combined. Maryanne is singing with the angels now. I even sang my solo flawlessly, hardly shed a tear through the whole service. But on the way to the cemetery I called Hubby to tell him I'd be a little late, that I'd stay and visit Carolyn's grave too. As the caravan neared Maryanne's site I realized we were burying her next to Carolyn. That's when I lost it. Started sobbing like a baby. Only a handful of people know that over the years I have visited Carolyn's grave many times, to think and pray and "talk" to Carolyn. I'll never have a "best" friend quite like the one with whom I planned both our weddings. I am still grieving over Carolyn and now Maryanne, too. I can hardly imagine what their husband feels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home