sstone's blog

Thursday, April 21, 2005

I'm fighting depression the last couple of days.

#1 I didn't feel liike I did my best at the funeral for my friend's husband Monday. So-- #2 I'm feeling like No one would like to hear me sing, so I feel like-- #3 I've made a mistake sending out my cards asking people to hire me to sing and --#4 I shouldn't have asked to sing my Italian aria at the talent show at our retreat Saturday. No matter that people have told me I did well at both events, I'm feeling like a fraud. I think they just say that to be polite. Then I feel like if they really knew the real me they would stay far away. If they knew I have these thoughts they'd think I'm wierd and stay farther away. Then #5 creeps in-- I think I should call the Lay Director for the Walk to Emmaus in November and tell her I cannot be an assistant Lay Director. No one could be less qualified than I am.

Bear with me. I go through this periodically. I hope I'll get over it and be my usual confident self soon. Last night's sermon helped. Mike talked about God's faithfulness and his call for me to be faithful. I think it was an answer. I need to do the things that Glorify God with the gifts he has given me, rather than hiding my light "under a bushel"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home