sstone's blog

Friday, April 14, 2006

Pageant

Tonight Hubby and I went to the Easter Pageant that a local church puts on every year. I was in this production for 8 years until 3 years ago. REALLY miss it!! Sitting in the audience was great this evening, though. The choir, orchestra, and the actors did their usual really great job.
I was singing along with a few of the songs (softly, I promise) but missing being in the choir so badly. They have streamlined the script and the action very well. No dead space in the dialogue. Very smooth.
It is the 25th year this church has done and Easter Pageant, and it gets better every year. The first couple of years it was at the church, but has been at the Civic Center ever since. They build a huge set which is like steps of varying sizes up off the stage, nicely designed. Tomorrow after the matinee they will disassemble the whole thing and put it in storage again till next year. The civic center will be used for their Easter worship service, so that all the members and visitors can worship together, instead of in 3 services.
Did I mention that I miss it very much? I am starting to seriously consider getting back into it next year, and told many people that while I was there this evening. Probably after my recital is over I'll be looking for another outlet for my singing. Just am not sure I am willing to sacrifice my Wednesday nights at Highland for all of the spring. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home