sstone's blog

Sunday, March 26, 2006

random

I know no one ever reads this blog, but it is good for me to write a journal here anyway.
I am now preparing a little gig for the widows and widowers luncheon at Fairway Oaks country club. On April 8th. What a joy just to be asked! (Wish they’d pay me, but the reward for this one is to be blessed by all those precious souls in the audience.)
I’ll be singing a bunch of old songs. I had a large set of love songs ready, but couldn’t see myself singing love songs to widows. It might make them cry, which would make me cry. So I’m singing "April Showers", "Pennies from Heaven", "The Sunny Side of the Street" and then some just pretty ones like "Bali Hai" and "Climb Every Mountain".
Then the last song will be a modern song which sounds old, "You Raise Me Up"
I’ll be accompanied by my lovely older friend who taught piano for many years and is a real inspiration to me and a joy to be around. The last song will be accompanied by a CD. _____________Once again I am having trouble making paragraphs on this thing. __________________________________________
My back is still holding on. I did a lot of yard work yesterday and survived quite well.
_____________ I’m going to add "Dido’s Lament" to my recital. It will go nicely with "Rosy Bowers" both by Purcell. This means I’ll drop one more of the French arias, which is fine with Hubby. He (and most of my friends) enjoy the Engilsh songs so much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home