sstone's blog

Sunday, March 05, 2006

I hope I can make this thing do paragraphs!

The last few times I've posted I couldn't make paragraphs. I hit "enter" and it goes off the page. Yep, it's doing it again. I suppose it is my slow computer and the slow internet connection, or so my son says. I am not literate enough to do anything about it and my blog is not important enough to anyone for me to invest any time or effort into changing anything.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So that is a paragraph. Maybe that will work. -------------------------------------------------------------------Last Saturday after rehearsal I went to Steinmart on a whim. Just wanted to LOOK. Ha. I found a top that I'll wear in my recital. Flaming red, glitter all over, cowl neck and sleeveless. Not tight, not real loose. And a sweater to match. Scratchy as HECK on the outside, soft on the inside and gorgeous. $15.33 for both!! Gotta find a great new skirt.

The concert went as well as could be expected. The director's wife said she enjoyed it, and that means a lot to Paul. But I cracked up when he said she thought it was 8-part harmony. It was 4. We were just messed up on the Fa-La-La's.
Anyway, he's not going to give up on us. We're starting rehearsals for the May concert. Classical music this time, hallelujah! And I had actually feared that he might be giving up on us because that last concert was so pitiful. But he is in this for the long haul! WE ARE IN THE BEGINNING PLANNING STAGES FOR A TOUR! EUROPE!! Early summer of 2008.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Those paragraphs are in there because I cut and pasted from e-mail I sent to someone.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So anyway, I'm pumped that we might go to Europe! Probably Salsburg and Vienna, to sing in some cathedrals. I am just relieved that our conductor is committed to continuing with our chorus and has some goals in mind for us both musically and as an organization. ------------------------------------Last night the combined choruses of all three universities sang with an extra-large Philharmonic orchestra. I loved it, but wanted to be on stage.------------------------------------------------Today I had a coaching session with my accompanist. She recorded4 songs for me to practice singing with. She will add all coaching sessions to the final bill.------------------------------- I am now confident that I can get several sponsors. One friend even stopped me at church and said she heard I needed sponsors and very much wanted to be a part of that. So if I can get 12 or 15 sponsors at $25 a pop I'll have nearly half of my expenses covered. The sponsors will get an advertisement on the back of my program, for what that's worth. The sponsors will also get an accounting of how I spent my money.---------Don't think I've posted recently enough to comment about this, but my employer has rejected my request for corporate sponsorship. ---------------------------------------------Well, Hubby and I have booked a cabin in the woods near the continental divide for our anniversary and his birthday. We're going to celebrate an anniversary that has a number so high that surely I was a mere child when I got married. And I will refrain from giving any details here regarding our travel for security reasons. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Is anyone else out there in cyberspace afraid of bad guys also out there in cyberspace?--------------------------------------------------------------Does anyone know why I can't make paragraphs by hitting enter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home