sstone's blog

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

sponsors 2

I just submitted an application to my employer for corporate sponsorship of my recital. The requisites for their backing look daunting and discouraging, but I put in my best shot. Here's some of what I said: I believe that a well-rounded and healthy person includes diverse activities and interest in his or her life. I am a Regestered Nurse at ___Day surgery and have been at ___about 24 years. My career is wonderful, but my life is made even more interesting and fulfilled by music. I feel that I bring that fulfillment and happiness to my workplace. In addition, I feel that in order to maintain a healthy life into one's golden years, new interests and endeavors must be undertaken. I began formal vocal training in my fifth decade of life. I hope to be an example to people of all ages that with God's blessing, one can fulfill dreams in all stages of life. I probably don't stand much of a chance of getting corporate sponsorship, but applying cannot hurt. Actually it was kind of fun to fill in those spaces on the application on the website as eloquently as I could. And if ___doesn't come through and underwrite the whole program, I will probably be able to get many small businesses to sponsor portions of the recital or certain expenses. The owner of printer I went to for an estimate today said he'd be happy to sponsor me. I don't think it will be hard to get other businesses to help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home