sstone's blog

Saturday, December 17, 2005

un-stress

I think I've never been less stressed over a concert as I was last night. We were singing familiar Christmas carols. Most everyone was there to hear the kids anyway. I sincerely hope for more challenging music in the spring. Our new director is a little hard to read. I think he is still trying to figure out our capabilities. But he's an excellent conductor.

Thursday my surgeon released me completely. I don't have to wear that blasted brace any more, and if necessary I can do moderate lifting. He said I could even do golf ( which I don't anyway) or swimming, but to work into them gradually.

I worked all day yesterday and tolerated it very well. Didn't even need any Tylenol. Only occasional slight twinges, but it's just muscular. My bones and the metal in my back are all fused well. It was actually good to get back to work. I do what I do very well and enjoy the company of my co-workers for the most part, and enjoy taking care of people. I am amazed at how much I can do with no pain. When I was going about my routine duties I realized that I had been in much worse pain than I realized for the year before my surgery. I can now bend over to clean the recliners or pick up linens without pain. What a blessing to have such a good outcome.

We're going to see "The Family Stone" today, to see if their family is anything like our Family Stone. I doubt it. But everyone is going to be asking us if we've seen it ( I suppose) so we want to know what it's about.