sstone's blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

pleasant surprise

Just when I was wondering where that extra Christmas money was coming from, I found out that Wineskins will PAY me for my article! How cool is that?

I'll visit with my supervisor tomorrow regarding my return to work Friday. I feel so out of the loop. I think they've probably had 6 or so staff meetings since I've been gone. Not to mention the Christmas party. A nice chat with her to catch up will be nice. I'll probably have to get new passwords for the computer. Everything expires if not used in 6 weeks or so.

My voice lesson tomorrow will be in the recital hall. That is always fun, and makes me more and more comfortable with the prospect of singing in there. My recital date is 9/10/06.

I'm kinda tired of Christmas music. Or at least the songs that the chorus is singing this year. Hope it is more interesting next year. I love the very old sacred music, classical, baroque, etc. Love to sing in Latin.

Have been baking Christmas cookies today. Sugar cookies cut out with sprinkles. If they turn out singed on the edges or bent I have to do something with them besides give them away. Not pretty enough for gifts, except to my tummy.

I think I've begun to gain back the weight I lost. Time to go for a long walk.