sstone's blog

Monday, August 29, 2005

singing more

I'm starting to get excited again about the Classical Chorus starting up for a new season with a new director. Great things in store. Many of our former members are coming back and many new people as well. So Fun!
I also had a good lesson Saturday, and my teacher and I are making plans for me to sing at the NATS conference in the first week of November. I'll sing in the Adult division and just get a critique (not a scholarship) but I can go to hear lots of other singers and classes. It is only $10.00 to register, and of course expenses of traveling, but will probably go with other ladies including my teacher, so lots of fun anticipated. Lots to learn. Great experience for me.

Then we suddenly decided I WILL have a RECITAL, and decided it will be one year from now. I already have several songs I can do well, just need to polish them. I'll sing about 7 or 8 classical songs and 7 or 8 old love songs and art songs. Probably two different dresses. Probably a duet with my teacher. I have never had a recital. It's about time!

I hate that I have to have back surgery, but I am really looking forward to it, if it will eventually help me feel better. Hurts today.

Up early in the morning for reunion group, so early to bed. Also have to get more done toward finalizing my root canal and crown. Tired this afternoon after donating my second unit of blood to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home