sstone's blog

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Great quote

We visited a church in the metroplex today, and they had a visiting preacher. You always take pot luck when you visit like that. But we had a great service and a great sermon, and one quote sticks in my head. Ok this is a rough approximation of the conversation. Dan Rather was interviewing Mother Teresa. He asked her, "When you pray to God, what do you say?" She said, "I don't say anything at all, I just listen". So he asked, "So what does God say?" and she replied, "He doesn't say anything, He just listens". To me that makes so much sense.

We were hoping to have a short getaway into the mountains for the coolness and beauty, but didn't have enough time, so just headed east a couple of hours to do a little shopping and relaxing and EATING. We try to eat in restaurants that haven't made it to Abilene yet. We also explored the neighborhood where our son and daughter-in-law are about to move, and ate at a little place near their new house that they probably will think is quaint. They are in New York, having a great weekend mostly at no cost to them. Staying with a friend who lives there and flying with free tickets.

Our other son has returned while we were gone. He had a summer semester at an archaeological dig in a ghost town in Colorado. He hopes this is what he'll end up doing for a living. Can't wait to hear all about it, and see his pictures.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to push myself into another experience that will be good for me, hopefully in more than one way. I'll do a singing audition for the director of the local community theater. I think that the current play he's taking auditions for will not be one that I can fit in, but the audition itself will be really good for me, and the director is said to have a great memory and might call me if he needs my particular voice and look later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home