sstone's blog

Monday, August 01, 2005

Audition

I have this love-hate thing for auditions. I love to sing. I hate to get nervous and not sing as well as I might have. I love having an audience, I hate to think what they might think of me.
I am glad to have had this experience of an audition for the community theater director. I knew up front that this play had no part for a middle aged woman. The experience was good for me, and who knows. I did well enough that he might actually call me sometime when he needs a singer for a fund raiser or something. Or even think kindly of me if in the future I audition for a play that I might fit in.
Every audition makes the next one easier. I hope.

The Classical Chorus audition is Aug. 22nd. I will, no doubt, be more comfortable with this one although I will likely have to sight read a little. I'm pushing for lots of people to join me in the auditions even if they never have tried the chorus before. We need lots more singers than we had last spring. That was really pathetic. Our new director will bring personality, quality, class and professionalism to the chorus that has been lacking the last couple of years. This in turn will bring the quantity that is required for additional quality. Win-win situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home