sstone's blog

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Here I am again

I guess i need to keep on trying to journal in this blog, even if it is rarely read by anyone but me.
I only have a week of freedom left. I must return to work next Friday. It has been both a long and a short 3 months of healing. I am feeling so much better. I can hardly believe I put up with that pain for so long. Didn't know how much I hurt until I didn't anymore.

I have not yet written my book, but have given it a beginning.

I have not completed all my Christmas preparations, which I thought I'd do before Thanksgiving.

I have not read the whole collection of books I meant to. I have not read my Bible every day.

I have not written all those notes to all those people who mean so much to me. I have not gone out to lunch with each of my girlfriends.

I have not become a better person and solved all my emotional problems.

HOWEVER:
I have rested and healed. My back is healing well.
I have been able to walk 3 or so miles most every day for the last couple of months. I have spent that time walking in either prayer or deep contemplation.
I've lost about 5 pounds.

We had a garage sale, so the closets are cleaner.

I've been available to sing at several funerals. I've been able to attend several recitals and musical programs at ACU.

I have spent an hour or more almost daily in practicing my music and have begun preparations for a recital. I have participated in 2 no-stress concerts with the Classical Chorus because I had all the time I needed to prepare well.

I DID write several notes to special people. I DID get to have lunch with a couple of friends. I did read a lot of books and read my Bible more than usual.

I have spent 3 months in close company with my husband, as he works generally from home. We have had only rare unpleasant moments.

All told, this has been a wonderful 3 months. I have NEVER had 3 months off work or school since Summer vacations in college. I want to retire so badly. Unfortunately, I have to help pay the bills.

I wonder if I'll really start blogging again regularly. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home