sstone's blog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

this and that

Just as I suspected, we are nothing like the movie family of Stones. I think we're normal. Much less dramatic. More moral. I think.

Our holidays were lovely. Spent the time with our daughter-in-law's family, and at hers and my son's new house. Great time had by all.

We've seen several good movies this month. Flight Plan was good, although probably technically flawed as far as the airplane, etc. Narnia was wonderful!! Goblet of fire was fun to see with my son. Have to see Kong soon. Maybe when it gets to the dollar movie.

I am so sick of Christmas stuff all over the house, but the weather is too beautiful to stay inside long enough to clean it all up. Spent several hours hiking and sitting to read and meditate out at the state park yesterday. On New Year's Eve! I even got a little hot hiking.

My New Year's resolution is to drop Diet Dr. Pepper and substitute water. I could save a couple hundred dollars.

Those dollars could go towards my recital expenses. Already getting so excited. Nine months away. Guess I'll be on a high all these next months. So what's different?