sstone's blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Coming into a new year gives us motivation to review past years and look to the future. Having more years behind me than ahead gives me the ability to see where God has worked in my life and in the lives of my loved ones, and gives substance to my faith that He will continue to do so. As for smoothing off the rough edges, I need a few more years. In some ways I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going. Reaching this stage of life has given me the time and resourses to develop traits and abilities that of necessity lay dormant during other years. Life still is hard work, but the years have given me tools to work with. There's no slick sliding downhill after you're over the hill. But I have no doubt that these years have the potential of being the best.