sstone's blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine

I had a fantastic time singing for the Valentine Banquet at the Avoca Baptist church on Sunday night. I sang 8 old love songs with a cassette tape of piano music done by my friend Abigail. Then I had a CD to accompany "you raise me up". I had such fun. I flirted with the old man across the table who couldn't hear anything. I flirted with Hubby when I sang "My Funny Valentine" and then when the 8th grade boys were getting restless, I messed with one of them when I sang "time goes by so slowly.....are you still mine?" from "Unchained melody". I was really a hit. It was good for me. Hubby loved it. I am still waiting to find out what the committee decided about corporate sponsorship for my recital. They met yesterday and still no word. Probably not good news. I'll try to be patient. (I still can't figure out why I can't make paragraphs here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home