sstone's blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Goals

I've got 2 projects to work on right now. A speech and a recital. Both take quite a bit of preparation for only moments of performance. Both are beginning to take shape pretty well. I really work better under pressure. My speech needs to be ready in 2 weeks, at least for the trial run. The official one is on the Saturday following Easter. It is taking on a life of its own, almost. I think I'm leaning toward quite a bit of humor, at least to begin with. It is connecting with my sacrifice of Chocolate for Lent.
"Hi! My name is Sarah and I'm a Chocoholic". The 12-step people will probably chuckle. I'll tie all that chocolate craving into the topic I've been assigned, "Growth through Study". I hunger for the word of God, as I am now hungering for Chocolate. I think I will extend my chocolate fast until the time I give this speech, then indulge myself.

The recital is less than 6 months away now. My voice is really getting better and better. Shelly has taught me some really practical techniques to relax my throat to hit the high notes with a richer sound. I'm lovin' it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home