sstone's blog

Thursday, August 16, 2007

anxiety

I had an anxiety dream about the concert coming up Saturday. Couldn't find my shoes that go with my formal gown. Couldn't find my car keys to drive home from the recital hall to get them. I was really glad to wake up, and thought at the time I wasn't really worried about the program, but it is starting to creep up on me. For one thing, work continues to be a major frustration. I never know if I can get off on time. I have dress rehearsal tomorrow evening starting around 4:30, and have asked to leave at 4:00 if possible. But tonight I worked 2 1/2 hours overtime. Not by choice, by any means. So I will be tense all day tomorrow, worrying that I'll be late for dress rehearsal.

I really believe everything will turn out just fine. I know my music really well. My voice is in pretty good shape, despite not being able to practice for 2 days. I DO know where my shoes are. Things will fall into place. I hope.

Part of my dream was thinking of how to ask my friends to donate money for our expenses. I made a little sign that says "Donations Appreciated" for the entry table. We'll split any "profits". Our accompanist is charging us $50 each. That's another source of anxiety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home